The Aviation Security Managers’ training follows the mandatory conditions and syllabus set down by the Department for Transport (DfT) in the UK National Aviation Security Training Programme and is delivered over five days for initial and one day for recurrent training.
This training is mandatory for any person with general responsibility for ensuring that a security programme and its implementation meet all legal provisions relating to security issues on behalf of the airport, air carrier, air cargo regulated agent, or regulated supplier of in-flight supplies (IfS).
Remote delivery is available for recurrent training, contact us for details.
To ensure that all Aviation Security Managers understand their role and responsibilities in ensuring that a security programme and its implementation meet all legal provisions.
To ensure that Aviation Security Managers understand the legal framework of aviation security and the current threat and are aware of the wider security issues.
For Aviation Security Managers to learn about the context and requirements within which they will operate.
To achieve the overall aims and objectives, the training consists of the following five modules and aims:
- The Threat to Aviation: To ensure the trainees understand the importance of the threat to the aviation industry.
- International and National Objectives of Aviation Security and Legislation: To ensure the trainees understand how domestic and international agreements fit with national and local organisation of aviation security.
- Quality Assurance: To ensure the trainees understand their responsibilities in the context of quality assurance.
- Implementing the National Aviation Security Programme: To ensure the trainees understand their responsibility for implementing the National Aviation Security Programme.
- Contingency Planning and Incident Response: To ensure trainees understand their responsibility for contingency planning and incident management.
Following assessment, successful participants will be certified according to the requirements of the DfT